Monday, February 28, 2005

Epilogue

I have worn my new suit a couple of times now.  My report is that it fits beautifully, and that at the end of the day, it looks as fresh as it did when I put it on in the morning. 

I can't say enough good things about the Marfy pattern that I used.  It was my first time using this company's patterns, and it is the best-drafted jacket pattern that I have ever worked with.  Not only does every seam and intersection meet perfectly because every marking was placed accurately, but the hang of the sleeves is also the prettiest that I have ever seen in a commercial pattern.

It may be intimidating to think of working with a pattern that has no instrucions or line drawings, but it is certainly rewarding in the long run.  It may also take a bit more attention to detail than with other patterns which provide construction information, but it is more than worth the effort. 

The Donna Karan skirt pattern with the unusual off-grain side seaming is also fun to wear.  It curves nicely where it is supposed to and is very comfortable to wear.  I was afraid that the side seams may pucker or ripple with time, but so far, that has not happened.

All in all, this has been a great project.

No comments: